MANDATE AND ROLE
THE MISSION OF ESTABLISHMENT WORKERS IN SCHOOLS (TEE)
The mission of the TEEs is to facilitate the integration and academic success of newly arrived students in French-language schools in Ontario school boards and to promote their full development and that of their families.
- Basic Level: Establish contact with newly arrived families and offer them settlement and integration support.
- Secondary Level: Establish contact with secondary school students and offer them settlement support.
THE TEE MANDATE
- Maintain open lines of communication with school administrators and service provider agency staff assigned to the file.
- Ensure an ongoing presence in designated schools to assist families and students with settlement.
- Inform, orient and direct families and students benefiting from the Program to the services that can best help them.
- Provide information to school staff regarding the customs of students benefiting from the Program upon request.
- Raise awareness among members of the school community in order to foster the establishment of a welcoming school environment for newcomer families.
- Support allied teams in delivering the ANNA initiative.
- Take advantage of training and professional development opportunities.
- Help promote the SWIS Program.
SERVICES OFFERED BY TEE
- Connect with newly arrived parents, guardians (and high school youth) to help them meet their settlement needs;
- Refer families to more specialized community resources, as needed;
- Offer group information sessions to parents, guardians and newcomer youth, often in partnership with support staff;
- Help support staff understand the settlement needs of newcomers.
ACTIVITÉS ET ATELIERS OFFERTS PAR LES TÉÉ
In order to establish contact with newcomer families and offer them settlement and integration support, SWIS teams in each region can offer a variety of workshops to target groups, such as students, newly arrived families and school staff.
Here is an overview of the workshops offered :
- The Franco-Ontarian school system
- The commitment of parents, guardians and guardians within the school
- Positive discipline
- Healthy and egalitarian relationships
- Awareness of the challenges of newcomer families (for school staff)
DIRECT HELP THROUGH THE TEE
Establishment Workers in Schools accompany parents or guardians and newcomer students to Durham Region in the early stages of school integration. They are present in French-speaking schools for:
- Provide settlement services to newly arrived students and their families
- Facilitate the integration of students into the school system and into Canadian society
- Meeting the needs of newcomer families
- Promote access to services that exist in the community
- Organize activities and workshops to help the integration and adaptation processes
- Offer cultural interpretation services
Would you like to enroll your children in one of the French-speaking schools in Conseil Scolaire Catholique MonAvenir or Conseil Scolaire Viamonde in Durham Region to take advantage of TEE services, please contact us at 905 434 4989, or send us an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org