Settlement Services for French Speaking New Immigrants in the Durham Region
COMMUNITY SETTLEMENT PROGRAM:
We support newcomers to integrate and settle in the Francophone community of our region, by offering them an orientation service allowing them to have access to existing services as well as to information essential for their development and establishment.
- A permanent resident
- A convention refugee
- A protected person abroad who has been selected for resettlement in Canada by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- A person selected in Canada to become a permanent resident and who has been informed by a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
We offer you important information on your adaptation to facilitate your integration as well as that of your newly arrived family members.
THE ESTABLISHMENT SERVICES OFFER THE FOLLOWING RECEPTION AND ORIENTATION SERVICES:
- Reception and needs assessment of new arrivals
- Housing search
- Assistance in applying for social assistance
- Assistance with immigration and citizenship applications (permanent residence, sponsorship, family reunification)
- Application for family allowance for children
- Support and interpretation as needed
- Referral to community resources according to client needs
- Animation of educational workshops and information on various themes (rights and responsibilities, health system, child protection, credit and budget, Canadian law and justice, education, etc.)
- Tax return counter (Tax clinic)
Workshops on integration in Canada are offered free of charge
Please feel free to contact us by phone at 905-434-4572 or 905-434-4989; or write to us at email@example.com